It is a wonderful and important decision when parents take a vested interest in the education and future of their children. Members of the Parent and Family Leadership Council set an example for all parents when they offer their time and expertise at University programs and events. They also graciously consider Creighton one of their top philanthropic priorities.
Join other parents in this distinctive partnership with Creighton University.
The Parent and Family Leadership Council is composed of leading parents who are committed to the mission of Creighton University. Council members are considered ambassadors for the University and the parent community, sharing the “parent perspective” with University leaders and speaking with fellow parents on behalf of Creighton.
- Interact with campus leaders, including the president, provost and vice provosts.
- Connect with fellow council members at select events and meetings.
- Dialogue with deans of the colleges, faculty and many of the University’s senior administrators.
- Learn about and contribute to innovative programs on campus as well as important University initiatives.
- Receive invitations for you and your student to special events.
- Assist during Family Weekend in the fall and host first-year send-off receptions in your home during the summer.
- Enjoy reserved seating and a champagne toast at commencement.
- View more of the Creighton campus when attending council meetings, which are held at a variety of on-campus locations.
- Seek out dynamic involvement with Creighton.
- Become a leader among parents through time, talent and treasure to Creighton University.
- Support Creighton through an annual gift of $5,000 or more to the Parent Fund.
- Participate in two meetings each year (optional) with the Rev. Daniel S. Hendrickson, SJ, president of Creighton University.
The Executive Parent Circle recognizes those who support the Parent Fund at a $10,000 or greater level. The Executive Circle engages with senior leadership to establish goals for future Parent and Family Leadership Council meetings.
Chairs of the Council: (from left) Barry and Anne Schmitt and Katie and Sean Mullen
Sean and Katie (Hogan) Mullen of Omaha and Barry and Anne Schmitt of Castle Rock, Colorado, have been named the chairs and vice chairs, respectively, of Creighton’s Parent and Family Leadership Council.
Sean, BSBA’78, JD’81, and Katie, BSBA’79, are both Creighton alumni. Five of their eight children are Creighton graduates: Tyler, BSBA’06, JD’09; Connor, BSBA’10; Parker, BSBA’12; Peter BSBA’16; and Emily, BA’17. Their son Foster is a 2017 graduate of Marquette University, and sons Trevor and Spencer live at home.
The Schmitts have a daughter, Kelly, who is a junior.
Both couples will be in their second term for the 2017-2018 academic year. The council currently consists of 80 families from across the United States. These families lend their time and expertise to University programs and events; graciously consider Creighton as one of their top philanthropic priorities; and offer the “voice of parents” to Creighton administrators.