It is a wonderful and important decision when parents take a vested interest in the education and future of their children. Members of the Parent and Family Leadership Council set an example for all parents when they offer their time and expertise at University programs and events. They also graciously consider Creighton one of their top philanthropic priorities.
Join other parents in this distinctive partnership with Creighton University.
The Parent and Family Leadership Council is composed of leading parents who are committed to the mission of Creighton University. Council members are considered ambassadors for the University and the parent community, sharing the “parent perspective” with University leaders and speaking with fellow parents on behalf of Creighton.
- Interact with campus leaders, including the president, provost and vice provosts.
- Connect with fellow council members at select events and meetings.
- Dialogue with deans of the colleges, faculty and many of the University’s senior administrators.
- Learn about and contribute to innovative programs on campus as well as important University initiatives.
- Receive invitations for you and your student to special events.
- Assist during Family Weekend in the fall and host first-year send-off receptions in your home during the summer.
- Enjoy reserved seating and a champagne toast at commencement.
- View more of the Creighton campus when attending council meetings, which are held at a variety of on-campus locations.
- Seek out dynamic involvement with Creighton.
- Become a leader among parents through time, talent and treasure to Creighton University.
- Support Creighton through an annual gift of $5,000 or more to the Parent Fund.
- Participate in two meetings each year (optional) with the Rev. Daniel S. Hendrickson, SJ, president of Creighton University.
The Executive Parent Circle recognizes those who support the Parent Fund at a $10,000 or greater level. The Executive Circle engages with senior leadership to establish goals for future Parent and Family Leadership Council meetings.
Chairs of the Council: (from left) Barry and Ann Schmitt and Chris and Jillyn Kratochvil
Barry and Ann Schmitt of Castle Rock, Colorado and Chris (BA’87, MD’92) and Jillyn (BA’87, MD’91) Kratochvil of Omaha have been named the chairs and vice chairs, respectively, of Creighton’s Parent and Family Leadership Council.
The Schmitts have a daughter, Kelly, who is a senior and will be attending Creighton’s Physical Therapy School next fall.
Chris (BA’87, MD’92) and Jillyn (BA’87, MD’91) are both Creighton Alumni. Their daughter Blaire is a Sophomore in the College of Nursing.
Both couples will be in their first term for the 2018-19 academic year. The council currently consists of 100 families from across the United States. These families lend their time and expertise to University programs and events; graciously consider Creighton as one of their top philanthropic priorities; and offer the “voice of parents” to Creighton administrators.