Creighton University’s amazing alumni—nearly 70,000 strong—span the globe, living through example Creighton’s commitment to form “women and men for and with others.”
We shine a bright spotlight on these incredible people who represent Creighton so well in the world. Here are a few of their stories:
- Katie Wadas Thalken, BA ‘04 and Mark Thalken, BA’12, supports restoration of Mary Lucretia and Sarah Emily Creighton paintings. Read their story.
- Daniel Kolder, BS’00, MD’04, a commitment to excellence, a drive to succeed and a belief in the value of teamwork – have served him well in his current profession as a surgeon. Read Kolder’s story.
- Laure Marino, DNP, BSN ‘81, a community health nurse practitioner, has been nationally recognized for her integrated approach to wellness. Read Laure’s story.
- Gerald “Skip” Krueger, BA’89, turned his love of sports into a career. Read Skip’s story.
- Chris Elias, BS’79, MD’83, HON’09: Alumnus and president of Global Development at the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation works to understand the social contexts of disease. Read Elias’ story.
- Donald Fraynd, PhD, BA’94, MA’97: Co-founded TeacherMatch, a psychometric teacher-assessment program — which he developed after working as a teacher and administrator in Omaha and Chicago schools. Read Fraynd’s story.
- Josh Dotzler, BA’09: Former Bluejay basketball standout making a difference in his community. Read Dotzler’s story.
- Michael Stoltz, BA’88: Creighton alumnus works for human exploration and settlement on Mars. Read Stoltz’s story.
- Clem Pellett, DDS ‘80: Life changed forever for the oral surgeon after he stumbled across newspaper clippings of his grandfather’s murder. Read Pellett’s story.
- Tupac Martir, BFA’00: Celebrities — from pop stars to fashion designers — call on this Creighton artist and former Bluejay soccer player to help them shine. Read Martir’s story.
- Michael Scott Jr., MD’46: This 94-year-old medical alumnus has traveled the world as a physician and table tennis champion. Read Scott’s story.
- Jamie Van Leeuwen, Ph.D., BA’96, established the Global Livingston Institute (GLI) in 2006 to improve communities all around the world. Read Van Leeuwen’s story.
- Andrea Saterbak, MD’92, reaches her patients by skis. The 1992 Creighton School of Medicine graduate is among a select pool of consulting physicians who care for the men and women of the U.S. Ski Team. Read Saterbak’s story.