The Creighton University Friend of the University Award recognizes distinguished leadership and/or service to Creighton by a non-alumnus/a. The exceptional men and women who receive this award demonstrate high moral standards and the Jesuit ideal of “women and men for and with others.”
Criteria for the Award
- Having provided distinguished service to Creighton University, his/her community, to the state, to learning, or mankind; to the arts, to the sciences, or by constructive philanthropy or some other outstanding public service.
- Reflecting honor on Creighton University through a manifestation of intellectual ability that would suggest his/her recognition by this University.
- Manifesting such qualities in his/her personal life that would mark him/her as cultured and of high moral principles guided by the Jesuit ideals of being men and women for others.
- When completing questions 1 and 2 on the nomination form, it is critical that nominators provide specific examples of how the nominee meets the criteria for this citation.
- A supporting resume/curriculum vitae must accompany the nomination.
- Up to three letters of support will be accepted.