The Creighton University Recent Alumnus/a of the Year Award recognizes significant professional achievement, personal responsibility and/or service to Creighton and/or their community during their first 10 years following graduation. The alumnus/a who receives this award has demonstrated an ability to touch and enrich lives, encourage and inspire others while serving selflessly, making a difference in their communities and leaving the world a better place.
Criteria for the Award
- Being a degreed alumnus/alumna of Creighton University (most recent graduation date must be within the last 10 years)
- Having provided distinguished service to the University and/or to his/her own community together with a way of life that clearly exemplifies the University Credo.
- Having a personal quality that marks him/her as cultured and of high moral principles guided by the Jesuit ideals of being men and women for others.
- When completing questions 1 and 2 on the nomination form, it is critical that nominators provide specific examples of how the nominee meets the criteria for this citation.
- A supporting resume/curriculum vitae must accompany the nomination.
- Up to three letters of support will be accepted.